Best blu-ray/dvd forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connect & Play DVD to Tablet via external DVD drive

Go down

Connect & Play DVD to Tablet via external DVD drive Empty Connect & Play DVD to Tablet via external DVD drive

Post by JeanLiu Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Enjoy DVD movies using DVD players at home has never been a problem for us. The question is, what if you'd like to view your favorite DVD movies when on the road? Bringing several discs along tend to be inconvenient, not to mention they jump on the most crucial scenes and are prone to scratches. Now that Tablet(Android, Apple, Windows Cool have rocked into the mainstream.

Question 1: Can use external dvd usb on my tablet?

Source: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/craig-tablets/34246-can-use-external-dvd-usb-my-tablet.html

Question 2: How can I play a DVD using an external drive on a Surface RT?

I have a Surface RT, I have an external DVD drive with a USB plug, and I have a DVD (actually, quite a few) that I want to watch on it.

I don't want to rip or convert the DVD into some other format that I can access from the Surface with a MicroSD or over the network.
I don't want to put the DVD in another machine on the network and "play to" the Surface
I don't know if either of those approaches would even work, I just think they are unworkable for being tucked up in bed or on the couch and wanting to watch a movie or part of a TV season by popping a DVD into a player. And I know they are unworkable if I'm traveling.

I've tried hooking up the drive and putting a disk in, but it doesn't offer to play it and I can't see any way to request it.

Source: http://superuser.com/questions/504270/how-can-i-play-a-dvd-using-an-external-drive-on-a-surface-rt

It seems impossible, I don't know of any tablets that currently allow you to play DVDs from an external drive. I suggest you use a DVD-ripping tool to convert DVD movies for your tablet friendly format, you may try Pavtube DVD to Tablet Converter, it's the best DVD ripping software which provides movie lovers with the easiest way to rip/convert DVD to MP4/AVI/MKV/WMV/MOV and many other video and audio formats with high quality, including MPEG-4/H.264 MP4, MPEG, RM, QuickTime MOV, MPG, Xvid, Divx, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, SWF, DV, MP3, AC3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, etc.

In addition, it has many optimized presets for different tablets or smartphones to make the operation much easier.

Moreover, this tool is special designed based on Nvidia CUDA technology, if you use Nvidia video card, the conversion speed will be much faster. Worth a try!

Free Download the DVD Converter for Tablet

Then go get a cup of coffee (conversion takes time). Below is a detailed guide for you.How to convert DVD movies to Any Tablet support format? (Android, Apple, Windows)

Step 1. Import DVD files to the top DVD Ripper for Tablet. You can load DVD Discs, DVD folders, ISO files or IFO files respectively.

As you can see, added files can be previewed on the right viewing window and you can take snapshots of the movie scenes you like freely.

Connect & Play DVD to Tablet via external DVD drive Rip-dvd-to-tablet

Step 2. Choose output profile for your tablet (Android, Apple, Windows).

For example:

1. If you wanna play DVD movies on your Android Tablet Kindle Fire HD, you can select "Format" > "Android" > "Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264 (*.mp4)" as output format.

Connect & Play DVD to Tablet via external DVD drive Android-format

Read More:

Put DVD to InnoTab Max/3S Plus/3 Plus for entertainment
Transfer DVD movies to Iconia A1-830 for watching

2. If you wanna play DVD movies on your Apple Tablet iPad Mini, you can select "Format" > "iPad" > "iPad Mini HD Video(*.mp4)" as output format.

Read More:

Sync DVD movies to iPad Mini 2 for enjoyment everywhere

3. If you wanna play DVD movies on your Windows 8 Tablet Microsoft Surface RT/Pro, you can select "Format > Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)" as output format.

Read More:

Put/Move DVD movie to Microsoft Surface for watching

Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start converting DVD movies to MP4 for transferring to your tablet.

When finished, click "Open" button to get the resulted mp4 video. Then connect your tablet to computer using USB cable and transfer the converted DVD movies to your tablet for watching.

Some more helpful features of the app:

a. Subtitles – Select the subtitle language you like from "Subtitles" options. Meanwhile, you are able to choose your master language of audio track from "Audio" option.

b. Settings – Click "Settings" button to set the video/audio parameters for your Android, Apple or Windows 8 tablet. Remember the file size is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.

How to Transfer Media files (video, music, photo) to Android, Apple, Windows Tablet?

Samsung Galaxy Tab File Transfer Tips with Samsung Kies
How to transfer video files to Nexus 7 from PC?
How to transfer photos, videos, music from PC to Nexus 10?

Learn more:

Source: http://best-tablet-converter.com/2014/07/19/connect-and-play-external-dvd-drive-to-any-tablet/

JeanLiu

Jumlah posting : 85

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Kembali Ke Atas