Best blu-ray/dvd forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV

Go down

Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV Empty Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV

Post by JeanLiu Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:45 am

Many people are considering converting DVD to External Hard Drive to create video on demand, for example, to playback on HDTV, while saving the space of computer hard drive… And that's way I'm writing this article to guide you how.

Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV Blu-ray-to-hdtv

Why do you need to backup DVDs to External Hard Drive?

1. DVD is vulnerable to be scratched and even damaged due to day-after-day wear and tear. To make DVD ripped on External Hard Drive your precious DVDs in a safe way.

2. If you are fascinated with a DVD movie borrowed from a friend or rent from a DVD store, to rip DVD to External Hard Drive can help you save the movie to hard drive externally to watch it anytime you want without worrying about when to return it.

3. I have a bookshelf of DVD movies, if I convert my DVD into an external drive, I can get them to fit in my palm for easily find what I need.

Apart from the above, you may want to get perfect flat-screen display for your home theater, and choose HDTV for watching your storaged DVDs on external hard drive. So this guide will give you an easy way to copy DVDs to External Hard Drive and play DVD backups on HDTV.

Great News!!! Pavtube Software officially released its 2014 Christmas Deal. UP to 50% off is provided lasting to January 31th 2015. Don't miss it! And find more 2014 Christmas Crazy Promotion at Pavtube Facebook.

Money Saving Boundles:

BDMagic($49) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $28.1
BDMagic($49) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $49.9, Save $28.1
DVDAid($35) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $14.1
DVDAid($35) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $35.9, Save $34.1

At first, Pavtube DVDAid is highly recommended which makes it extremely easy to rip your DVD to External Hard Drive/HDTV friendly format. I have used Pavtube DVD ripping software to copy a blu ray disc onto an external hard drive, which I then connect to my Samsung Smart TV to watch the 1080P movies. Every work is fine and easy. Here is the simple tutorial.

Four Steps to Convert DVD to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV

1. Launch Pavtube DVDAid and click “Load Disc” button to load DVD discs;

Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV Dvd-to-mp4

2. Select the main title and set subtitles/audio language you'd like to preserve.

3. Select a format for conversion. To convert DVD to External Hard Drive/HDTV supported video, press on "Format" and choose "H.264 Video(*.mp4)" or "DivX AVI - Audio Video Interleaved(DivX)(*.avi)" or "MKV(Matroska) Video (*.mkv)" format from "Common Video" option.

Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV Mp4-format1

4. Start ripping DVD movie to Divx AVI/MKV/MP4 format.

Click "Convert" to start copy your DVD discs. After conversion completes, press "Open" to locate resulted avi/mkv/mp4 files. Copy them to external hard drive and then transfer them to HDTV for watching.

Tips:

1. You can hit the Copy the entire disc icon on DVDAid main interface and start DVD backing up process.

2. If you’d like to copy only movie content and leave out the extras and commentary, the Directly Copy is exactly what you need, which copies intact VOB main movie from original DVD disc without extras.

Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV Dvdaid-directly-copy
3. To better your DVD movie enjoyment before conversion, you can click “edit” button in the main interface of DVDAid, you can trim off the unwanted part, combine several clips into one file, crop off unwanted black bars of the DVD movie, etc.

4. Pavtube DVDAid can converting DVD movie, no matter to internal hard drive, or external, you may just want to full backup your entire DVD movie to your home theater or NAS, or to save some space by ripping such big DVD movie to small size, or just want to transfer DVD movie to your external hard drive for watching on PC/portable devices when traveling.

Transfer DVDs to External Hard Drive for playback on HDTV Merry-christmas

Source:http://video-tips.jimdo.com/2014/06/21/blu-ray-dvd-to-media-streamer/

JeanLiu

Jumlah posting : 85

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

Kembali Ke Atas